Please note that we have one small directional sign to our facility near the entrance at the end of the driveway.
• From I-5, North or South, take Exit # 194A (Hwy 126 East) toward Springfield/McKenzie River;
• Stay on Hwy 126 for 3.5 miles and take the 42nd Street Exit. Turn left at the signal light onto 42nd Street;
• Follow 42nd Street for 1/2 mile to the “T” intersection and Turn Left onto Marcola Road;
• Drive 1/4 mile and Turn Left into our driveway. You will notice we are the only driveway with a gate and paver stones.
Please plan to be at the shop by 9:30am unless you’ve made other arrangements with us. Once you arrive, we’ll go over your rig with you and discuss the layout/overview of the installation.
At this time, we’ll ask you to shift personal items inside your rig, and/or empty one or more storage areas onto a pallet to make room for our crew to work in and around your RV. Next, we’ll ask you to leave the installation area to let our people work uninterrupted on your rig, and direct you to our comfortable waiting room, complete with a good variety of RV related literature/visitor information and free wi-fi for internet access with your own computer.
If you leave the site, be sure to confirm we have your RV Keys along with current phone number, and to keep your phone “on” in case we need to contact you during the day. We’re glad to assist you with any information we can toward finding services or otherwise enjoying your visit in the Eugene/Springfield area.
Pets with good manners and who are well socialized are welcome in the waiting room and around the property. There is a lot of activity in and around the shop and office so it’s necessary to keep your pet(s) under close supervision during your stay. There are grassy areas outside to walk your pets, and we appreciate your ‘scooping the poop’, depositing pet waste in the green rolling tote near the front parking area. It’s always best to check ahead with us concerning special needs for pets.
Overnighters are welcome on a pre-arranged basis only. We have very limited space and will make every effort to accommodate your needs while having work done at our facility.
Welcome to AM Solar
We appreciate your choosing us for the installation of your RV power system and have prepared the following information to help you plan and enjoy your time at our facility.
The most important thing for you to know is that we strive to maintain a clean, hazard free, healthy and safe environment for our customers and employees, and ask that you adhere to the following rules toward these efforts.
1) After the initial walkthrough to discuss/direct the scope of work being done on your RV, please stay out of the installation bay as much as possible until the job is complete. We’ve designed a place for you to observe some of the work being done through a window at the top of the stairs.
2) Keep pets on a leash or under your immediate control at all times.
3) Please keep the front gate closed when coming and going after business hours.
4) Smoking is not permitted inside our facility. If you smoke, please maintain a 50’ distance from all doors and windows of the building.
5) Report any issues or problems you observe that may pose a threat to the health and safety of everyone concerned to Roger, Dave, Garret or Cody as soon as possible.
AM Solar Amenities/Services
We are pleased to provide a cozy waiting room for you to relax in while we are working on your RV, along with the following amenities and services:
1) Free Wi-Fi Internet connection. Use the AM Solar wi-fi service that does not require a password.
2) Kitchenette: microwave, sink, free coffee, tea and assorted fruit juices or sodas in the fridge.
3) Library: variety of RV related magazines, books, travel information and maps for use during your stay, as well as some free publications located in the front office.
4) Recycling and Garbage: Please refer to the laminated instruction sheet in the waiting room to identify recyclables and place them in the appropriate container. Garbage and/or pet waste can be put into the green rolling tote near the front parking area.
5) Mail and/or Packages: you are welcome to have mail or packages sent to our facility on or near the time of your appointment. Just be sure to let us know it is coming so we don’t refuse or return it!
6) RV Related Business Referrals: look for contact information of local businesses we recommend in our customer waiting room. There are also some brochures and catalogs to browse for more specific items or services you’re looking for.
7) Advice: We love telling people where to go! Let us know your culinary, recreational and/or other interests, and we’ll give you our best advice for finding something enjoyable to do in the Springfield/Eugene, or surrounding areas.
Free Overnight Dry-Camping
Our local Wal-Mart in Springfield allows overnight parking on an irregular basis. Fortunately, we have a beautiful shopping mall in Eugene that allows self-contained RVs to stay for 2 nights! This is a unique and special privilege they extend and we recommend showing your appreciation through respectful use of their parking lot, and by purchasing goods from their vendors...sales tax free!
Valley River Center
293 Valley River Center
Eugene, OR 97401
Park along the Northwest/backside portion of the mall parking lot, near the Willamette River. A security guard will register you as a guest and provide a permit to place in your window.
Valley River Center features over 100 national and local retailers, including 70 that are exclusive to Western Oregon.
Overnight camping at our facility is very limited, and can be provided as space allows, Monday through Thursday nights only.
While customers having work done at our facility are given top priority for the available overnight spaces, we may sometimes need to direct you to other accommodations as listed below.
Armitage County Park -32 Sites -Boat Ramp
90064 Coburg Road -Nature Trail -Pets OK
Eugene, OR 97408 -Dog Park
Located in Eugene, on the beautiful McKenzie River, close to shopping and services.
Deerwood RV Park -Pets OK (Some Restrictions)
35059 Seavey Loop -75 Sites -Laundry/Showers
Eugene, OR 97405 -Good Sam Park -Trails
Located 4 miles South of downtown Eugene, set in a beautiful wooded meadow with nature trails that wind behind the campground along a creek.
Fern Ridge Shores -Pets OK (Some Restrictions)
29652 Jeans Road -Swimming/Beach Area
Veneta, OR 97487 -Marina Boat Ramp
(541) 935-2335 -62 Sites -Nature Trails
Located in Veneta, 12 miles West of Eugene, nestled between a wildlife preserve and county parks, on the shores of Fern Ridge Reservoir.
Meadowlark RV Park -Pets OK (Some Restrictions)
298 E Oregon Ave. -Laundry/Showers
Creswell, OR 97426 -Restaurants nearby
www.creswellrvpark.com -85 Sites
Located in Creswell, 10 miles South of Eugene, featuring large sites with easy access to I5 and several restaurants.
AM Solar has partnered with Valley River Inn and Village Inn to provide reduced rates to our customers. When booking your stay mention that you would like AM Solar corporate rates.
Valley River Inn (541) 743-1000
1000 Valley River Way, Eugene, OR 97401
Village Inn (541) 747-4546 (800) 327-6871
1875 Mohawk Blvd. Springfield, OR 97477
Mckenzie Orchards B & B (541) 515-8153
34694 McKenzie View Drive, Springfield, OR 97478
Quality Inn (877) 424-6423
3550 Gateway Street, Springfield, OR 97477
Holiday Inn (541) 284-0707 (877) 865-6578
919 Kruse Way, Springfield, OR 97477