Specially formulated for TPO roofs, Includes primer bottle with enough solution for two panels and dispenser.
Sealant protects the VHB tape from the elements. Use it to seal around mount feet, cable management hardware and combiner boxes attached to roofs.
Ultra Sealant Dicor Installation Guide for TPO Roofing
There are two primary types of rubber materials used on RV roofs: EDPM (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) and TPO (thermoformed flexible plastic). If you are unsure which type of rubber material your roof is made of, consult this EPDM/TPO Discovery Guide online at:
With TPO roofing, Dicor Ultra Sealant and Primer are necessary for installations where sealants are used in order to avoid disfiguration and bloating of the TPO roofing. This is due to how “standard” Dicor and other roofing sealants off-gas and react to TPO roofing. To install your solar panel(s) and combiner box on a TPO roof, you must:
1. Line up where you will ultimately place the panel on your roof and mark the locations of the four panel feet with pencil
2. Clean each marked area where the panel feet will go with 91% Isopropyl rubbing alcohol in order to maximize seal integrity (letting it completely evaporate)
3. Apply a thin layer of Dicor Ultra Sealant Primer beneath and around where the panel feet will be applied
4. Once the primer is tacky and no longer wet, stick and screw the panel feet to roof
5. Seal the feet with Dicor Ultra Sealant (within 15 minutes of applying the primer)
Note: As Dicor Ultra Sealant Primer evaporates, the quality of contact with the Ultra Sealant diminishes over time. We suggest applying primer too 2 panel feet (one side of the panel) at a time in order to maximize seal quality.
You may also be interested in:
3M VHB tape is used to secure mounting feet and combiner boxes to fiberglass or metal roofs (not rubber). Cut each 5" strip in half for each of four mounting feet per panel.
AM Solar Part Number: SEAL-TPK